Sunday, April 13, 2008

Recipe Review: Elegant Chicken

Book: Extreme Low-Carb Cuisine
(250 Fabulous Recipes With Virtually No Carbohydrates!)

Author: Sharron Long

Recipe: Elegant Chicken , page 202.
Serves 8, Carbohydrates 2 grams, Effective Carb Count 1 gram, Protein 23 grams, Fat 28 grams, calories 356

This is basically chicken topped with bacon slices, cheese and served with a mushroom /cheese sauce poured over it.

I made this recipe last night with a few differences: I used boneless/skinless chicken, and Colby Jack cheese instead of Swiss.

It's pretty easy to make, and the recipe can easily be doubled.

This was flipping YUMMY! My house-mates were wowed, and I don't think I'll have leftovers very long.

The one thing I'd say to watch out for is too much grease. I drained the chicken/bacon and then carefully ladled the cheese sauce over it. There was plenty of sauce, and the chicken was very rich. I served it with Cauliflower "Dirty Rice".

Really nice dinner. I'm taking some for lunch today!

1 comment:

Dose Pharmacy said...

Thank you for providing such valuable information and thanks for sharing this Business Promotion technique.