Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Another Great Fried Fish Recipe

Crispy Crunchy Fish
Raven's variation on a theme....


Ingredients:

  • Parmesan cheese (finely grated from a can)
  • Almond flour (meal)
  • Golden flaxseed meal
  • (Optional) Finely crushed pork rinds for extra crunch; lowers the total carb count.
  • 1 tablespoon sugar free Mayonnaise
  • Cajun seasoning or seasoning of your choice
  • Fish fillets that are fresh or thawed (I love to use catfish pieces that are the size of large nuggets)
  • Oil for deep fat frying (I used Canola)

How To Prepare:

Mix equal parts of the Parmesan cheese, almond flour and golden flaxseed meal in a bowl or pie plate. Season the mixture if you'd like with the seasoning of your choice (I used Cajun seasoning). Don't add salt, the Parmesan Cheese is salty enough.

Set aside.

Slather a thin coating of Mayonnaise on the fish pieces, roll in breading mixture.

Heat up your oil 'till it sizzles when you flick a drop of water into it.


Fry the fish a few pieces at a time until golden brown--about 3-5 minutes each side.

Drain on paper towels.
I served this with a fantastic dip...mayo mixed with Cajun seasoning and minced garlic.

Another favorite; Sour Cream with salsa.

(1) I have made this using Crushed Pork Rinds instead of the Almond Meal, which I didn't have at the time. I still got awesome results. It's great with all four breading ingredients, though. For a real kick, use Salt and Vinegar flavored Pork Rinds.

(2) The breading reminded me a lot of what I remember from the Church Picnic Fish Frys I went to as a kid, in Southern Illinois. Definitely the best thing about having to go to church!

Nutritional Info:

almond meal: 5 grams
Parmesan Cheese: 0 grams
pork rinds: 0 grams
flax meal: 4 grams
fish :0 grams
mayo :0 grams
spices :1 gram

Total Grams per recipe: 9

1 comment:

Dose Pharmacy said...

Great information. This works great for me. Thanks for sharing this.
Wow, what an amazing information!! Thanks so much.